Catherine Ritchie is 90-years-old and lives alone. A fire had started in her Oklahoma home and thanks to a group of teenage boys her life was saved. Ritchie says she was getting ready for bed in her bathroom and turned around to see her headboard was in flames. A group of teenage boys who lived in the neighborhood were outside and smelled the smoke.
The teens, ages 14-17, heard Ritchie's alarm going off and thought something wasn't right. Meanwhile, Ritchie was inside her home trying to put out the flames while repeatedly hitting her emergency button. By the time she was able to make her way to her bedroom door the smoke was so think she couldn't see anything. She said she tried feeling along the wall and ended up inside her closet rather than the hallway to get out.
The boys were right outside trying to break inside the home. Nick, 14, was inside first and was able to locate Ritchie inside her closet. With the help of the other boys they were able to guide Ritchie out of her home to safety while they waited for the fire department to show up.